August 20th, 2015
Quality Management System
Whilst working with this customer on a number of innovative new product development and cost reduction projects they requested us to leverage our experience working with international businesses and help them to update and significantly overhaul their Quality Management System.
We have therefore rewritten their QMS to fully tailor it to suit their needs and fulfil the requirements of a UKAS accredited ISO 9001 audit. Some of the main tasks involved have been:
- Writing a new Quality Manual
- Introducing new ways of working
- Writing 18 Operating Procedures (to date)
- Introducing a new part numbering system
- Introducing New Product Development Systems based on 6 Sigma Principles
- Introducing an Approved suppliers List and a managed Supplier Development program
- Introducing of managed quality assurance to international standards
North-east based family-run SME supplying disability aids for a range of commercial and residential uses.
Company Size: SME
Product Complexity: Medium
Product Value: Low to Medium
Production Volumes: Medium to High
Kevin is currently engaged to assist me in a complete review and update of our Quality Management System. He has brought a great deal of experience and knowledge to the business from his successful track record in dealing with large multi-national organisations, and his contribution to Nymas on this initiative is therefore significant.
I have found him to be dedicated, proficient and reliable, and therefore could not recommend him highly enough.
Quality Management System, Operations Director